Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blog Headers!

My sister Shelby just started a blog http://www.extensionofgrace.blogspot.com/. It's fabulous!! She loves to decorate, cook and entertain. I can't wait to see what she writes about everyday. Anyway, she asked me to design a header for her new blog. I just learned how to do this using scrapblog. I love using this to make headers for blogs. It's so easy and I think they turn out really cute. Here is the one I came up with for Shelby. I use the templates on scrapblog, once you choose a template that you like everything else that you need to do your header goes along with your template. You can add stickers, frames and embellishments. They also have a ton of great fonts. Shelby sent me color pictures but I changed them to black and white and added an effect (I forgot what it's called) to make the pictures darker on the edges. I love making these, if you have a question about scrapblog leave a comment and I will try to help you figure it out.

9 comments:

Mark and Jill Robertson said...

I am really not sure how I found your blog but would love some help on scrapblog and how to make a cute header. I have been on the site but not sure where to start.

Mark and Jill Robertson said...

My email address is markandjillrobertson@hotmail.com if you would like to contact me that way. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Beth said...

I use scrapblog for my headers, too. I always love how they turn out!

Lamp Tramp said...

Your precious children are so beautiful! I'm checking out scrapblog, thanks for the great tip!

oliveoyl64 said...

Hi, I just recently found your blog. Thanks for the heads up on "scrapblog". It is super easy to use and I created a header for my blog, but it says the code it too long when I try to embed it as my header. Can you give a tutorial on how to do this? I looked at FAQ's but didn't see the answer.

Thanks

Katie said...

Cute header!

Your Valentine's decoration are precious, too! My mom still keeps candy around the house for all the different holidays. I love it.

oliveoyl64 said...

Got your comment. Thought I saved it as jpeg, but now can't find it. Went back to scrapblog and it doesn't show that I saved my pic. I will try again tomorrow when I have more time. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

oliveoyl64 said...

Hey I did it,finally.

How did I not know about this site sooner? It is fabulous.

I will be spreading the scrapblog love.

AG said...

I'm going to have to try this!