Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday

Yesterday Brock was in a basketball tournament. His team one two games and they have another game (or two if they win!) today. Here is Brock after his first game. Poor thing he gets so sick of me taking his picture all the time. He must get this from Graig, he hates taking pictures too!


My friend Sabrina gave Ava an adorable hat that her Grandma June made. I took this picture of Ava and Eliza yesterday at the basketball game wearing their hats, I think they look so cute together! My mother in law Janice took us out to lunch for our birthdays, mine was last Tuesday and Graig's is coming up on Tuesday. Anyway, we had pizza, wings, and salad--delicious! Here we are at lunch.
Last night Brock and Ava spent the night at Grandma Jan's because today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. (What a great man he was btw, two summers ago I went to the Civil Rights museum in Memphis, so interesting and inspiring!) Graig watched football and I made this cute pillow. I love this fabric, I got it at Wal-Mart! It was only 2.50 per yard. I got 1 1/2 yards because I have two pillows that I want to cover in this fabric. I can't sew so I got this idea from A Soft Place to Land. She always has a ton of simple, great ideas for your home.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I love the hats...So cute! And Graig does NOT look happy to have his picture taken! Have a great week!

EC said...

I love that you can't sew... cause I can't either! My mom and grandmother are so disappointed I didn't get that gene. :-) I'll have to try that pillow idea - very cute fabric, too!

Anonymous said...

Cute hats & pillows! Hope you both had great birthdays!!

Jill said...

The hats are so precious! Love them.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

The pillow looks great...but I could barely get past the hats on the cute little girlies! I love them!
Carrie