Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home



For the past couple of months Graig and I have been trying to decide what we should do about our future...I know heavy stuff. It's been a stressful couple of months and we really weren't sure what we should do. In our minds we had 2 options.

A) Leave our current town, Graig and I would apply for higher paying jobs at other Colleges/Universities. This would allow us to move up the ladder of higher education. We would move over the summer so we could all be settled before school starts in the fall.

B) Stay in the town we've been in for almost 10 years, stay at the College where we have worked for almost 10 years, and were our kids have grown up. Stay in our house that we have been in for almost 5 years.

Well we decided that the best decision for us and our family would be to stay where we are in NY. In my heart I think I have always known this is the best decision for us and our family. Graig feels the same way too, I think the allure of more money and more prestigious jobs are appealing to both of us, but it's not worth it to us to move from a home we love, jobs we love, and friends and family that we love.

I love the fact that Brock and Ava are going to have the same friends in high school that they did in preschool, Ava is going to go to the same dance school, Brock is going to play baseball with the same kids, we know the parents of all their friends. I am so happy with the decision that we made!! This is going to be our home sweet home forever! BTW, I took this picture at about 7am this morning...our neighbors probably think I'm crazy!!



.
Ava's teacher, Mrs. Andrews, put these on her class blog, they are from their Chinese New Year party! I love that she is learning to use chopsticks, how cute!!
Happy Tuesday everyone!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy for you all...sad for your family in the mid-west. I do remember a conversation when you all moved to NY in 1997...where you promised to move back to the mid-west at some point. We love you all and want what is best for you...sounds like you make a good decision.

Jill said...

What a fun teacher! I love it that she's celebrating Chinese New Year with the kids in her class. So cute.

C said...

Tim and I have these same discussions, and it's always because we (esp.me) want to be closer to family, but moving out of NY is not really an option anyway. I understand, it's frustrating. As a kid who moved across countries, literally, when I was younger, kids ARE resilient and get over things much faster and easier than adults, so don't feel too guilty, regardless of what you decide. But glad you're staying in NY, at least for now!

AG said...

Glad to hear you'll be staying in NY.

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

I'm glad you made the choice that is best for you and your family.

The Mrs. said...

I think you made a very smart decision. Grass is always greener and you have so much going there!!!