Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday recipe!

I have been on vacation from work since last Thursday.  We aren't going anywhere so I guess it's a stay-cation but I'm still having fun!  I honestly thought I would have so much more time for blogging but I haven't really been able to look at blogs for a week.  We have been so busy!  Brock's 8th grade graduation and party was last week.  Brock took the battery out of my camera for his xbox so this is the only picture I have of his graduation-ha ha!  This is from the after graduation party at the school.


We have some really pretty flowers from our garden this year.  I picked these and put them in little vases I got at Target.  They make me so  happy when I see them in our window!


Thanks to my friend Sabrina I have a new appreciation for succulents.  I got this one at Lowe's and my friend Allison gave me the cute chalkboard sign for it.  I think she got the little sign at Michaels. 

This morning I made tortellini salad for lunch.  It's a variation of the tortellini and tomato salad that's in this month's southern living magazine.  Here is a link to the recipe. 
This is the a picture from the southern living blog. 


For mine I added some celery, tomato, carrots and sharp cheddar cheese cubes.  I tossed the pasta, vegetable and cheese with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. 


Here is the bowl that I had for lunch it was great!

My friend Allison made us a pan of home made mac and cheese for dinner tonight.  It's her grandma's recipe and she put it on her blog today. I can't wait to try it!  Thanks Allison! 

PS This is also my 500th post!!I started blogging 3 years ago and it's become a fun hobby for me.  I love getting ideas and seeing how other people live. Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That looks lelish! You'll have to make it when you come to visit in July!

Sabrina said...

Congratulations on your 500th post!!