Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday recipes!

Last week I tried 3 different recipes that I posted about here.  The grilled corn salad  and chicken salad were  amazing!  I will make these two things again.  The ribs turned out OK they were kind of tough and didn't fall off the bone like I wanted them too.  I do want to try this recipe again to see if they turn out better the next time. 

  This week I'm going to try the Pioneer Woman's chicken spaghetti.  This looks SO good to me.  I am going to make a few adjustments since Graig and Brock are SO picky.

photo from the Pioneer Woman's website

Here is the recipe with my adjustments
Ingredients


■2 cups Cooked Chicken (I will use 2-3 cooked chicken breasts)
■3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
■2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup (I will use cream of chicken)
■2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
■¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper (Brock and Graig won't eat peppers, onion or pimento so I'm going to make two pans and I'll leave this out of their pan)
■¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
■1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
■2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
■1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
■⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
■Salt And Pepper, to taste
■1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Preparation Instructions

Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.

Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

I'll let you know how we like this one.  Today Brock stayed home from school I took him to the doctor and he has strep throat.  His doctor said we should consider getting his tonsils taken out. Ava has her last rehearsal before her dance show tonight and Graig has baseball practice.  It's a busy day in our house!

1 comments:

Sabrina said...

We missed you this morning. Rest up for your long weekend and congratulations on your anniversary. Hope Brock feels better!!