Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday Recipes

One of the things that I want to do this summer is to try new recipes.  Our family is in a food rut.  We eat the SAME things over and over all the time. Since things are less busy for us in the summer,  I want to make 2-3 new things each week.  I'm going to post the recipes on the blog so you can see what we're eating.  I should tell you that I live with two of the pickiest eaters (Graig and Brock) on earth so I try to keep them in mind when I'm picking out new recipes. 

One of Ava's absolute favorite things are baby back ribs.  She orders them all the time when we go out to eat.  I like them too but I've never made them at home. 



I found this picture and  recipe on the food network Baby Back Ribs  We are going to have these on Friday night!  I can't wait to try them.  We already have a barbecue sauce that we LOVE from Brooks so I am just using this recipe to know how to cook the ribs. 

Sunday Graig and Brock are going to be at a baseball game all day and Ava has a 7 hour dance rehearsal  (crazy right?) for her show.  Thankfully she gets a 45 minute break in the middle of her rehearsal so I am going to make chicken salad for us to eat.  This chicken salad recipe is from Ina Garten.  I just love her show she makes the best things!


I have been seeing lots of fresh corn in the grocery store.  We usually boil it and eat it when we grill out. I saw this grilled corn salad on the food network and I thought it would be a delicious side dish. 


I'll let you know how we like them and I'm going to keep searching for other delicious, healthy recipes for us to try!  What are your favorite summer recipes?

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Yum those all look good!!!