Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday, Friday!

I am SO glad it's Friday!  I have a lot to check off my to do list before the college students come back next weekend so I am hoping to have a productive weekend! 
You know how I said yesterday that I didn't want to buy anything for our house for a month...well I went to my first auction last night and of course I did buy a few things.   I think auctions could be a new addiction for me.  It was really fun! 

I'll post pictures of all my treasure's later but I want to show you this antique platter that I got,  It's a  T.&R. Boote White Ironstone Rectangular Platter from 1890!
I found this picture this morning on eBay.  This is exactly like my platter. 


I have been wanting to make a chalkboard platter like I saw in the Pottery Barn catalog and I think this will be the perfect.  I am going to work on this project this weekend.  Hopefully it will turn out really cute and I can show it on my blog next week!


I also want to see The Help this weekend.  I LOVED this book and I can't wait to see the movie! 

My sister wrote a beautiful post about her trip to the apple orchard with Ainsley.  I am SO thankful that they are both healthy now and can do things like go to the orchard together :)  I love this picture of the two of them. 


Sweet girl!  I love her so much!!

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: