Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Brock and Ava and a new recipe!

I have been a major slacker the past few weeks, I haven't tried anything new since I got home from visiting my family in Illinois/Iowa.  In the beginning of the summer I wrote this post about trying new recipes every week.  This week I'll try some new ones and post them next week.

This isn't really a recipe but it's something that I have been LOVING this summer. Grilled zucchini- I make this at least 2-3 times per week. 

I buy zucchini like this at the farmer's market every Saturday and Tuesday.  They are 3 for $1.50!  So cheap and delicious!


I cut one zucchini into thin slices and then I toss the zucchini with 3 teaspoons of olive oil and then I add a little garlic salt and pepper.  I usually cook them in the oven on 375 for 30 minutes (unless it's too hot and then I cook them on the grill) until they turn a little brown on the edges.  I think this is the best summer side dish!  We had this last night with grilled chicken and corn on the cob. 

Last night Ava had her friend Marty sleep over.  I took this when they woke up this morning. I thought it was hilarious because Ava always thinks she has an injury of some sort.  Last night she used duct tape and taped this ice pack to her leg.  She said she had a leg injury from jumping on the trampoline.    
 

I wanted to take a cute picture of Ava and Marty together and this is the best one I got.  Ava was still feeling bad about her "leg injury". 

Brock is getting up and around a little bit now.  This morning before I left for work he was playing on the computer.  Today at lunch we went to Applebees and he had chicken fingers and fries,   I think he's finally feeling better!  He has a check up tomorrow with his surgeon. 

I had this frame in the basement and Ava drew us a picture to go in our bedroom.  This is a very colorful picture of our home.  I think Ava did a great job drawing and coloring it!  I put it right above my night stand. 


Happy Wednesday!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

That is too cute Ava always has an injury--kind of like Grandma Rose? Glad Brock is finally feeling better--poor guy, he's been through a lot!