Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Treasures from our trip!

Graig likes to joke that my family does two things when we are together-eat and shop.  My last trip home was no exception we ate A LOT and we shopped A LOT!  We had a great time!  I want to share some of my treasures that I got on this trip!

My sister and Vicki kept talking about this store called Stuff.  It's a consignment store that sells upscale items. Usually I don't like consignment shops however after visiting Stuff I have changed my mind!  It's a great store and we got some great things!    Twice a year they have a 50% off sale and last Saturday was the day of the sale!  We went on Friday to scope out what we wanted.  Then we went back on Saturday morning and picked out some amazing things!
First I got 3 pairs of sandals for work.  They all look like brand new!  I also got the two pairs of flats at the outlet mall.


I had my eye on these dishes.  I got a whole set (4 plates, 4 salad plates, 4 big bowls and a huge serving bowl) for $15!  They sell this set  at Target.  I looked and a set of plates cost $15 so I was SO lucky to get the entire collection for $15!

I have a weakness for vases and planters so I got this yellow one for 1!


We also went to several antique stores and I picked up a few things

These darling salt and pepper shakers.  I love the color of these!

A 2 quart mason jar.  I have been looking for one of these and I'm so glad I found one! 

A cute little wooden box. 


We went to TJ Maxx one day while my sister was at work. To be nice I got her this flowered platter and she HATED it-ha ha!  So I took it home and put it on top of our fridge. 

Speaking of TJ Maxx one just opened in our little town over the weekend!  I am SO happy.  Ava and I went in there today and I got a pair of dress pants for work and this adorable colander.  I think I'm going to spend a lot of time and money in that store!


Shelby and I always like to go to Hobby Lobby when we are together.  The only thing I found  this time were these little  monogrammed hooks hang up in our front entry. 

Shelby gave me this little coach wristlet.  I LOVE it!  Thanks Shel!

My Dad also got us a beautiful blanket which is currently being washed. I will show pictures of it soon.   It was made at the Amana woolen mill in Amana, Iowa.  We had a nice time visiting there! 

I also got ALL of Brock's back to school shopping done in Iowa.  This is the first year that Brock has actually wanted to go school shopping so it was fun to shop with him!  Ava has SO many clothes that I want to go through all of her clothes before I buy her anything for back to school. 

While we were gone Graig surprised me by re-doing the floors in our office.  We had carpet in our office and it was nasty and gross.  The wood looks SO much better.  I love, love, love them!


Tomorrow is a big day for Brock he is having his tonsils taken out :(  We have to be at the hospital at 6:30am

Tomorrow is also my sister Shelby's birthday!  Happy Birthday!  We love you so much!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Wow, nice treasures. I especially love the salt/pepper shakers. That was so sweet of Graig to do the floors, I know that carpet has been bugging you. Now, don't do too much more shopping without me!!!

AG said...

You did get a LOT of cute treasures! I can't wait to catch up and see the new floors!