Saturday, March 3, 2018

Saturday Snack {Soft pretzels with cheese}

Yesterday we got a huge snow storm.  Everything was closed and we stayed at home and had a fun day.  I watched two Oscar nominated movies (Dunkirk and Thr Darkest Hour) and made these delicious homemade pretzels. 




Look at how much snow we got! We always get our biggest snow storms in March and I absolutely love it.  Everything looks so pretty.



I have had this recipe saved on my phone for a while now and I thought yesterday was a good day to make them. You can find the recipe here.  The step by step directions are so easy to follow.  The recipe makes 10 soft pretzels.  



I love pretzel bites so I cut my dough to make pretzel bites. 



The pretzels were so good!!   I was excited about making and trying the cheese dip.  I love jalapeños and they gave the cheese sauce a little kick.  

This was a delicious snow day snack!  



A few notes:
The original recipe calls for you to brush melted butter on the pretzels after they come out of the oven.  This would be so delicious but I decided to skip this step.  I thought this recipe had enough flavor (and calories!)  without the butter

The jalapeño cheese sauce was just ok.  I had high hopes and was excited to try it but when I make these again I will try a different recipe or  buy cheese sauce at the store.  


I will definitely make these pretzels again Happy Saturday!

Xoxo


0 comments: