Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Ava is 16!!

Yesterday was our Ava's 16th birthday!!!  I can't believe our girl is 16.  I know everyone says this but our sweet girl has grown up so fast.  I am amazed at the young woman she is becoming.  I am so proud of her and I'm so happy to be her Mom.  




Yesterday Graig took her to get her permit.  She can officially drive with an adult in the car.  In NY at 16 1/2 you can get your full license. She was so happy to get her permit and drove three times yesterday.  Once with Graig, once with me and one time with her Grandma Jan.  I left work to pick Ava up after school she drove us to do some errands.  My car is a stick shift (she is still learning to drive a stick shift) so we took Graig's truck which is an automatic so it was easier for her to drive.




At the Mardi Gras Gala I won a catered dinner for four people at the silent auction.  My friend Heather is a chef and donated the meal to the silent auction.  I thought last night would be the perfect night to have it!  At Ava's request she made us chicken parm, pasta, salad, homemade bread and an amazing ice cream cake.  It was amazing.  Grandma Jan came over to eat with us.  We all loved the meal and were SO stuffed after eating.


Here is the delicious ice cream cake Heather made for us. 



And here is Ava with Grandma Jan.  



She had a great birthday!  Here are links to some of her past birthday celebrations.


Ava's 7th birthday


Ava's 8th birthday


Ava's 9th birthday


Ava's 9th birthday party


Ava's 10th birthday


Ava's 14th birthday


Ava's 14th birthday part two


Ava's 15th birthday




We had a great day celebrating our Ava!
Xoxo

0 comments: