Monday, March 5, 2018

Oscars 2018

My friend Amy hosted the Oscar party this year. I hosted last year and it was so fun but this year Amy wanted to host and I’m so glad she did.  It was a great night!  Amy did a pajama theme and it was perfect because Saturday night a lot of us went to the annual Mardi Gras gala to benefit the Boys and Girls Club so we were tired Sunday.  




To make it easy for Amy we each brought a snack.  I brought Feta Dip.  It was so easy!   I’ll post the recipe for my Saturday Snack this week.



Amy also had a few signature cocktails to go along with the Oscar theme.  They were so fun!  The Oscar-tini was champagne and cranberry juice the Missouri Mule was a re-named Moscow Mule and  a nod to Three Billboards.   She also had printed ballots and we each put in $5 and voted on our favorites. I won the Oscar Ballot contest!   We got SO excited when our nominees won.  




This year I watched 8 out of the 9 Best Picture movies.  I was so thrilled that The Shape of Water won best picture.  I thought that was the best movie of the bunch.  Graig, Brock and I watched it on Christmas day in Arizona.  It was an artsy film and it was full of action and it was also a love story. It was so good!!

Graig and I also loved Three Billboards and I'm glad that film got a lot of love at the Oscars last night.  I also loved Get Out, The Post, Dunkirk and Darkest Hour.  I did not like Phantom Thread or Lady Bird.  

I always love Oscar night and I had so much fun at the party.  

Xoxo 

0 comments: