Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Sunday cooking class {Caesar salad and Shrimp Scampi}

I LOVE learning to cook new things and my friend V loves cooking and we have learned to make a few things together.  We have made eggplant parm together, we also have made homemade pasta together which was really fun!!


A few weeks ago we got together and she taught me to make shrimp scampi and homemade ceasar salad.  Both turned out so good!!  



In Ceasar salad dressing you use both anchovies and a raw egg  and both of those things gross me 😝 but I tried to put the grossness aside and they both worked so well in the dressing and it turned out so good!  After my first bite I didn’t think about the egg or anchovies I just enjoyed one of the most delicious salads I have ever tasted!!  

Ceasar Salad Dressing
1 tin anchovies cook on stove until they turn into a paste 
1 clove garlic chopped
I t Grey Poupon mustard 
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1 pinch red pepper flakes
2 coddled eggs (cook in boiling water for one minute)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 splashes Worcestershire sauce  
I cup grated Parmesan 
2 T Romano cheese 
Mix all together and add olive oil until the dressing reaches the desired consistency 

We made homemade croutons by cooking thin slices of French baguette drizzled with EVOO, salt and paprika in the oven for 10 minutes.
We used romaine lettuce (we kept the leaves big to really soak up the dressing) and added big pieces of shaved Parmesan cheese.  


The shrimp scampi was so easy to put together. We used a Barefoot Contessa recipe  







I will definitely be making both of these recipes again and I can’t wait for our next cooking lesson. 

Xoxo

0 comments: