Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ava's birthday party!

Today was Ava's 7th birthday party! We had her party at the Soccer Hall of Fame which was great for two reasons: #1 She loves soccer and (most importantly!) #2 we didn't have to have 20+ kids at our house! It was so fun the kids played, ate pizza, cupcakes and ice cream, and then played some more. I think they will all sleep good tonight because they were all running around and playing the whole time! Ava had a fabulous time!


Ava's birthday cupcakes

Mariah, Ava and Gabby
Brock was such a good sport during the party, he helped with games and played soccer with the little kids
Some of the kids playing soccer!


Ava and her friend Jake. I love this picture of the two of them. They have been friends since they were born. I work with Jake's mom and they were born one month apart.

Some of the kids waiting for their pizza

The whole gang! I wish I zoomed in a little more on this picture. I love little Eliza in the front (the baby in the pink shirt) she was so cute and had so much fun eating pizza and cake at the party!

Ava had a great time and got lots of wonderful presents. This week she will be busy writing thank you notes and playing with all of her new toys! I wish I had one more day off before going back to work! This weekend I didn't get a lot done because I was sick with strep and then today we went to church and then had Ava's party in the afternoon, tonight we are relaxing and watching basketball on TV and I can't wait to see what happens on Desperate Housewives tonight! It should be a good one!!

On Wednesday, Brock's basketball team is going to be in the championship game at the Boys and Girls Club! Brock is so excited about this game! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

8 comments:

C said...

What a fun party! Good idea to have it there, I'm sure she'll remember it always. Happy Birthday to Ava. I love the cupcakes. I think I might make cupcakes for Sam's party this May. Think of you often - we should really try to get together sometime soon!

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

What a great idea for a party! I'm sure Ava and her friends had a BLAST!

In regards to the vegetarian diet, I quit cold turkey. (No pun intended!) and I have only had meat twice since Thanksgiving and one event wasn't even on Thanksgiving!

Always Organizing said...

Such a cute party!

EC said...

I bet kids loved those cupcakes! They're so stinkin cute!

Ann said...

Love the cupcakes!!

Jill said...

Who knew a soccer cake could be so girly? I love it. I think it's great you have Ava write thank you notes. What a nice thing to start at a young age.

Michelle said...

What a great idea to have it at the Soccer Hall of Fame! Ava, Brock and their friends look like they had a great time. I love that 7 cupcake cake....I truly can't believe she is 7! Wow! Hope you are able to rest a little today after the party!

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

Love the cake, so super cute!!