Monday, March 9, 2009

Sister craft swap

My sister Shelby and I have decided since we live so far away from each other and we can't do Craft Nights together that we will send each other crafts one or two times per month. We both loves making crafts and cute things for our homes so we both thought this was a fab idea. I thought we were sending each other finished crafts...Shelby thought otherwise (ha) and I was surprised when I got these cute things from her a couple of weeks ago and realized I would have to finish them myself. Last night while I was watching Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters I made this frame for Ava's room (Marshall our friend's little boy is in the picture with Ava, he is such a cutie pie, I love how Ava is loving on him in this picture)This is what I put in Shelby's first package. She is in her first year working for the University of Iowa, so I painted the canvas for her office. I also love the mini silver bucket and I thought she could use the post it's in her office. She is so organized and is always writing notes and to-do lists so I thought these would be perfect for her!

Now, I am trying to figure out what to make for her next. I hope to stop by a craft store this week to pick out our next project!

Hope everyone had a great Monday, I was so tired today at work... I think it's the time change and staying up so late last night to watch my shows!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I love the idea of you and your sister swapping crafts. That is so cute!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Such a cute idea!

AG said...

awww, that's so fun!

I've missed you. Let's get together soon. I got Ava's invitation and I won't be here for the party. boo.

Michelle said...

That frame is so much cuter than what I have in mind--thankgoodness I sent it to you unfinished!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea and a great way to stay in touch with each other sharing something that you both love to do.
Sarah