Thursday, March 26, 2009

In the Motherhood

I can't wait to watch this show tonight!! It's premiering tonight at 8pm eastern time on ABC. I think it will be so funny, Megan Mullally (Karen from Will and Grace) is one of the main characters. I love her and I can't wait to see her in this show! I think this is going to be so popular because all Moms can relate to the crazy things that we have done to keep our kids happy and quiet.


Like the time Ava was about 2 and my friend Allison and I went to Washington DC with Ava and Brock. I took 4 college students to a conference and Allison went along to help me with Brock and Ava. Anyway, Allison, Brock, Ava and I were out sightseeing, it was July and about 100 degrees, Ava was hot, tired, and she desperately wanted a nap. At the time, Ava, the poor thing, loved her binky and it was somehow lost during the course of our sightseeing. So she was crying hysterically in her stroller and at about that time I spotted a binky on the ground (I thought it was a gift from God!!) I wiped the binky off with a baby wipe and put it in her mouth. Don't judge, after she got the binky she was so content and she fell asleep and we were able to get back to our hotel in peace and quiet. I am sure my sister Shelby is freaking out by reading this she (ha ha)but she doesn't have kids yet! Normally, I would never, ever pick something up off of the ground and give it to my kids but I was desperate! There were a few crazy things that happened on the trip my friend Allison talks about it here. The things Mom's do!! I hope you enjoy the TV show tonight!



4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm looking forward to that show, too! I hope it's good. But my God, Angie, a binky off the ground??? I think I just threw up in my mouth! My kids are/have been very attached to their pacifiers - but even in my most desparate moment, I would not do that!!! I'll blame it on the 100 degree heat getting to your head that day!

Michelle said...

Ok--you so know me, my mouth dropped when I read you gave Ava that binky!! You are right, I can't judge...but really, a wet wipe--for cleaning? Oh Ang!

Katie said...

I have been wanting to watch this show, too! I had no idea it started tonight though. I'll have to catch it next week. ; )

AG said...

I'm laughing so hard right now. That was possibly one of your finest mother of the year moments. Ha ha.