Friday, June 25, 2010

Flower pot directions

The flower pot that I posted yesterday is SO easy to make!  This project takes about 15 minutes from start to finish!  I used my house #'s on my pot but I also think this would be cute with your monogram too!  Here is the finished project. 

First you need to type out your letters or numbers as big as you want in microsoft word.  I used modern #20 font.  Then print and cut them out.    You could see some white paper after I cut my numbers so I just filled in the white with a black sharpie. 

My pot is plastic and brand new so to make it look older I brushed on some white craft paint and wiped it off using a papertowel.  I kept wiping until I liked the way the pot looked.  Then I modge podged (you can get this in the craft section at wal-mart, it's fabulous!)  my numbers on and I went ahead and modge podged the whole pot so it all had the same sheen. 
I let it dry overnight and then I added my plant the next day. 
I love the way it turned out!  I also think this would be a quick and easy hostess gift!

Have a good weekend!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cute Ang!