Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our trip to NYC!

Sunday Kyle had a day off from baseball so Ava, Grandma Jan and I decided to take him to New York ity!  Graig and Brock had to stay home because they had an end of the season party to go to for Brock's Little League team. 

It's suppose to take 4 hours to get to NYC from our house but on the way down I took a different route and it took us 6 hours!  On the way back home I went my usual way and it only took 4 hours thank goodness!!

On the way down my phone died because I was using the GPS and I also forgot to bring my camera so I have NO pictures of our trip!

Once we finally arrived we decided to take Kyle on a double decker sight seeing bus.  Graig and I did that tour about 12 years ago when we still lived in Illinois and came to NY to visit his family.  It's a great way to see all of the city sites in a short period of time.  The tour took about 3 hours and it was SO hot, it was at least 90 degrees while we were there!



We got off the bus at Rockerfeller Center which was perfect because it was right by the American Girl Store.  That's the only thing that Ava wanted to do all day so we went in and got her a bunny for her doll Lanie. 


We left there and headed for Times Square to get a nice dinner before we got on the road to come home.  We ate at Famous Dave's bbq which is my Dad's favorite resturant.  It was SO good.  Ava and I shared some baby back ribs!



We took a taxi back to grand central station to catch our train to Newark, NJ where my car was parked.  It was the first time Kyle was ever in a taxi!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you all had fun! Famous Daves is GREAT! Can't wait to see you all next week!

Janna said...

It looks like you had a fun trip. With all of the traveling I use to do, I still have NYC to check off of my list.Did you hear Becky is getting married?