Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's summer!!!

Brock and Ava are FINALLY out of school!!  Now our summer can offically begin!  I have been in summer mode since it turned so pretty and the college students left last month. 

We are doing a bunch of different things this summer for fun we don't have any really big trips planned except for our girls weekend to Illinois  in July to go to my sister's baby shower!! 

Last night Ava left with our neighbors to go to Philadelphia for a mini-vacation.  They are staying at the Crown Plaza and their hotel is on the roof.  Ava was SOOOO excited before she left about the roof top pool.  This afternoon my sweet neighbor sent me this picture of our girls by the pool.




Last night Kyle's game was rained out so I took him grocery shopping so he could get food that he likes.  He picked out a lot of "boy" food like pizza rolls, hotdogs, bacon, hot pockets, etc.  I also picked up some stuff to make  chicken caesar  salad because I have been craving it.  I made it for dinner when I got home and it was SO good!  It's already gone and I am going to buy some more romaine lettuce so I can make it again.  It's so easy just get a bag of romaine lettuce, frozen grilled chicken (I used Tyson), fresh grated parmesan cheese, crutons and ceasar salad dressing. 


We also watched Shutter Island last night, I know it's been out for a while and I have been wanting to watch it.   It was really good, there were a lot of twists and turns in the plot so I actually want to watch it again now that I know how it ends. 

Tonight Brock has a baseball game in Cooperstown.  He's in a wooden bat tournament there where the boys have to use wooden bats instead of metal.  Graig has held two practices with his team this week so they could practice using the wooden bats. It will be fun to see how the boys do tonight!

Have a good Wednesday!

3 comments:

Janna said...

The salad looks delicious! I have never heard of Shutter Island so I'll have to check it out.

C said...

That's funny, I just had caesar salad today for lunch. And we just watched Shutter Island this weekend - it was very good!

Michelle said...

That salad looks delish--might have to make that this weekend!