Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Craft Wednesday {Succulent Wreath}

On Saturday Lisa, Sabrina and I headed for a little pre-Mother's Day outing to make succulent wreaths.  It was a fun day!


We started by laying burlap flat in a wire wreath form.



Then we chose 7 succulents to add to our wreath.  I chose a variety of textures and colors. 


Then we placed soil on top of our burlap and placed our succulents where we wanted them on the wreath. This part was super messy.  


Then we took moss and wrapped it around our wreath and tucked it in to protect our succulents.  We didn't have floral pins for this part but it would have made the process a lot easier if we did! If I make these again I'll use floral pins!


After our moss was secure we wrapped our wreath in fishing wire.  I don't have any pictures of this part because it took all three of us to hold the wreath, keep the succulents in place and wrap the fishing wire around the wreath. Like I said earlier it would have been SO much easier to have a few floral pins to help with the moss wrapping part of this project.

Here's us with our finished project!


It was a fun morning!  These were easy to make. I've already ordered the supplies to make a few more for gifts for friends. 

Xoxo


0 comments: