Saturday, August 5, 2017

Saturday Snack {bruschetta and watermelon margarita}

Last night Graig and I had a rare  quiet night at home so I whipped up two quick recipes. 


I made bruschetta as an appetizer for our dinner and it was delicious.  I make bruschetta a lot in the summer because of all the fresh tomatoes that are in season.  I have made bruschetta for a few parties this summer and it's always a hit.  I had all the ingredients on hand so I made bruschetta.



There are lots of ways to make bruschetta but I make mine very simple.  It takes about 5 minutes to put together. 

Bruschetta 
5 Roma tomatoes chopped
1-2 cloves garlic chopped 
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4-6 fresh basil leaves torn
Olive oil

Combine all ingredients and then drizzle olive oil and top and stir to combine.  This will last a few days in the refrigerator but it never lasts that long in our house!



I buy a load of French bread at the store slice it and brush the tops with olive oil and sea salt.  Bake in a 400 degree oven for 7 minutes.  


Add your fresh bruschetta on top of the crusty bread and enjoy!



I also made a batch of watermelon margaritas.  They were so refreshing and delicious!  The perfect summery drink 🍉



Watermelon Margarita
Fill your blender 2/3 full with fresh watermelon chunks
The juice from one lime
3 ounces tequila
8 ounces watermelon Margarita seltzer
I buy this seltzer and it's great!  Very bubbly and delicious.  I stopped drinking Diet Coke in May and this is a good substitute 

Blend all ingredients until smooth.  Serve over ice in a Margarita glass and enjoy!

Makes 2-3 drinks.




Have a great Saturday!  
Xoxo

0 comments: