Thursday, August 31, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday friends!  We are still settling into our house and we got Ava off to the Czech a republic.  We have a couple of fun things planned this weekend but nothing too crazy.  I am hoping to get a lot of stuff done at home.   Today I am linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea to share my Friday Favorites
 


1.  Our biggest favorite of the week was getting Ava off  to the Czech Republic. I am so proud of her for being an exchange student this year.  I could have never been away from home for that long when I was in high school (or college honestly😬).   She is getting settled and dealing with some homesickness which is totally normal. We are missing her like crazy and I'm thankful we can FaceTime with her.  She visited her school yesterday and she starts school on Monday.




2-I've been watching the news all week about the Texas flooding.  It is truly so awful and it makes me so sad that so many people have lost everything.  My heart breaks for them. 

3. My friend M's daughter works for a company called Mission Made Jewelry. Mission Made Jewelry (MMJ) is a non-profit organization that is working to break the cycle of poverty for individuals around the world through the sale of handmade products.  This week I bought the BRANDED bracelet.  This bracelet  is handmade by survivors of human trafficking. Many of the victims of human trafficking are physically marked or branded by their captors, this collection of unique bracelets represents the millions of individuals trapped in the nightmare of trafficking. 


4-Last night I went to a play at the Franklin Stage Company with my friend Julia.  I have a friend that sits on the Board and I like to go at least once a summer to see a play.  Franklin Stage Company is a small donation based theater  about 15 minutes from our house.  They have amazing actors that perform in the plays many of them are from NYC.  It's a fantastic little theatre and I'm so glad we went.  We saw Authur Miller's The Price and it was very good!


I hope you have a great weekend!!!

Xoxo

1 comments:

Days of a Wife said...

Wow those bracelets are so meaningful! I am glad there are so many organizations that are stepping up to talk about and make a difference in human trafficking!