Saturday, August 19, 2017

Saturday Snack {corn salsa and a south side}

Last night I went to a Bon Jovi concert with friends.  We had the best time!    It was a little rainy and the concert was outside but we made the most of it.  It was fun night.  We bought tickets way back in January and I honestly kind of forgot about the concert with Brock being home and getting Ava ready to leave.  It was a nice treat to be able to get away and have fun!  Bon Jovi was one of my favorite bands from middle/high school so it was fun to watch them play.

Tonight I am going to another concert!  My friend Shannon and her family have a big concert every year to "celebrate" the annivesary of their property being struck by a tornado.  It happened about 15 years ago and thankfully her home wasn't damaged just some trees on her big property so every year they have a concert called Hoedown in the Blowdown.  I have never been but thought it would be fun to go this year.

I am going to make Corn Salsa to take tonight to the concert.  I love, love, love, the Pioneer Woman's recipe for salsa.   This recipe is a variation of that using fresh corn because it's in season.  This recipe makes one quart and one pint.  I put my salsa in mason jars.  This will stay fresh in your refrigerator about 2 weeks. It never lasts that long in our house though-ha ha!



Fresh Corn Salsa
1 large can diced tomatos
2 cans rotel
1/2 onion chopped
1 bunch fresh parsley chopped
Juice of two limes
2 ears of fresh corn cooked and cut off the cob.
Blend all ingredients (except the fresh corn) in a food processor



After your salsa is blended it will look like this.  You want this salsa to have a very smooth consistency (similar to restaurant salsa)

Add your fresh corn and blend.  Pour your salsa into storage containers and enjoy!  This salsa is best if you let the ingredients blend for a couple of hours before serving.  Store salsa in the refrigerator.  



I have also going to take my famous Southside cocktails to the concert.  I love making mixed drinks for friends and this one is a favorite.  There are lots of variations of a Southside cocktail and it's the quintessential summer drink.  I serve this one anytime we have people over in the summer and it's always a hit.  






Southside Cocktail 
Muddle fresh mint
juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
a squeeze of fresh lime juice
a squeeze of simple syrup
1.5 ounces of vodka
a splash of lime seltzer
Add all ingredient plus ice in a shaker and shake until combined.  Garnish with a lemon wedge.


I hope you enjoy the cocktail and salsa!

Happy Saturday!
Xoxo













0 comments: