Thursday, December 21, 2017

Arizona {Day 3 and 4}

We are loving Arizona.  We are sleeping in, eating good food and spending lots of quality time together.  We are missing our Ava this Christmas but we are loving the one on one time with Brock.  

We spent day 3 in Arizona traveling to Flagstaff.  In Flagstaff we did some shopping and went to see Daddy’s Home 2.  It was kind of silly but both Graig and Brock liked  it so I was happy about that.  



Yesterday morning we got up bright and early to make the trip to The Grand Canyon.  It was about an hour and 1/2 drive from Flagstaff.

Our first stop was the National Geographic Visitors Center.  Our first stop was the gift shop.  We got cards so we could play in our hotel room and I got a Christmas ornament for our tree.


We watched the Grand Canyon movie on IMAX. The movie was about 30 minutes long and it gave a good overview of the Grand Canyon going back 4000 years.



After we watched the movie we made our way to the Grand Canyon Visitors Center and Southern Edge of the Grand Canyon.  We spent the afternoon hiking on the South Rim.




I cried the first time I saw it. It was honestly so breathtaking and beautiful.  I took so many pictures during our hike.











It was freezing cold and so windy. I had on three layers of shirts and two pairs of pants. We stayed as long as we could stand the cold and wind because it was so beautiful.



We checked into our hotel and got settled a bit and then we headed back to the Grand Canyon to see the sunset.  It was even more cold when we went back but I’m so glad we did.  I got some beautiful pictures.







Tomorrow we are going to watch the sunrise at the Grand  Canyon and then we are going back to Phoenix to get ready for Christmas.  We’ve had a great week so far and I’m excited about the rest of our week here.  I hope you are enjoying the last few days before Christmas. 

Xoxo

0 comments: