Saturday, December 16, 2017

Saturday Snack {Cinnamon Rolls}

Yesterday my friend Rachael and  I got together to make our yearly batch of cinnamon rolls and homemade chocolate bark for our friends.  We usually do it on Christmas Eve but since I’m going to Arizona we did it earlier this year.


You can read about our Cinnamon  Roll tradition here. I make the Cinnamon Rolls and she makes the bark.  I use the Pioneer Woman Cinnamon roll recipe and this year I finally perfected it!!  I make the dough at home and then I take it to Rachael’s and we make them there. 



I make a double batch so that equals 12 pans of cinnamon rolls.  Here is the recipe I used.  My only change is that we made regular powder sugar icing with vanilla and not the coffee icing the Pioneer Woman  uses in her recipe.

When I got to Rachael’s we rolled out the dough and covered them with butter, cinnamon and sugar and let them rise for 20 minutes before putting them in the oven.



We cooked them for 20 minutes and then let them cool, then we packaged them up with instructions on how to cook them.




Here is the bark Rachael made.  She made dark chocolate cashew and dark chocolate with tart cherry and almonds.



Here they are ready to be dropped off to our friends!




It was a great morning!  I love our cinnamon roll tradition.
Xoxo

0 comments: