Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday Favorites

We started our Christmas celebrations early this year.  We flew to Arizona on Saturday and have spent the week with our son Brock.  It’s been great relaxing, sightseeing and spending time with my two favorite guys.  Of course we are missing Ava so much but I’m thankful for the time we have with Brock.  Today, I’m linking up to ErikaNarci and Andrea to share my Friday Favorites.


1.  
.  This is the most wonderful time of the year and I’m trying to soak in every single second.  We have been watching Christmas movies, listening to Christmas music, and seeing Christmas lights this week at it’s been fabulous!!
2.  We have seen some amazing sights in Arizona and I’m so thankful for our time here. Wednesday/Thursday we went to the Grand Canyon and we did a hike here in Phoenix on Monday.  It’s been great to have been able to hike so much this week.






3. Last Friday Ava went to a ball in the Czech Republic and she sent us this picture.  I’m so glad she had a great time.  She’s been homesick a lot so I was thrilled to get a picture of her happy and enjoying herself.



And this was Ava 6 years ago performing in the Nutcracker as a boy.  I miss her ballet days but she has found her calling playing basketball.



4.  Last Saturday before we left for the airport I raced over to a reception for the Shoeboxes for Seniors program my dear friend Lisa coordinated.  She organized individuals, community groups and schools to donate shoeboxes full of supplies and little gifts for homebound senior citizens.  She has been so passionate about this project and I’m thrilled it worked out.  She collected over 200 shoeboxes for senior citizens!  



5.  Last week my friend Heather and I made our yearly batch of rainbow cookies.  These are pretty labor intensive but SO worth it! They are my absolute favorite holiday baked treat.  I’m going to post the recipe tomorrow.



6.  Every year I get us a family Christmas ornament for our tree and this year I bought one from my friend Kimmy.
 She does hand lettering and owns a small business called Drift Design Company.  I love everything she makes and I will cherish this ornament forever.


That’s it for me this week.  I hope this weekend is filled with lots of holiday goodness and the people you love.

Xoxo

0 comments: