Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas in NYC

The weekend after Thanksgiving I went with my sister in law Anne to NYC for two days.  The first day we were there we saw all the sights (including the tree!), had a fabulous dinner, and went shopping.  The second day we were there she had orthescopic jaw surgery (she asked me to go so I could be with her during and after the surgery since she couldn’t be alone).


We had a great time together!  Our first stop was to visit Rock Center and see the tree.  Everyone was waiting for the Saks light show to start and I was taking a pic of the tree 😂   It is beautiful this year and of course it brought back a lot of memories of our tree being there last year. 



After we took our first look at the tree we went into Saks to look around and we looked at their beautiful windows.  This year they did Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and all the windows were gorgeous!



After Saks we headed to dinner at a Mexican restaurant we found on the app Open Table. I got a combination platter and a spicy jalapeño margarita. Both were amazing!   



After dinner we headed downtown to visit Chelsea Market.  I have heard great things about Chelsea Market and I’m so glad we went.  There were lots of cute little stores and great places to eat.  



After Chelsea Market we took an Uber up to the huge Macy’s in Herald’s Square.  We went straight to the Christmas floor and had the best time looking at all the ornaments and decorations.  I got Christmas ornaments for my friends.






We stayed at the Roosevelt hotel and after shopping at Macy’s we had a late night snack at a restaurant by our hotel and fell into our beds exhausted from our day of fun in NYC.





The next day we slept in, visited the tree one more time and then Anne had her surgery.




It was a fun trip!  I had a great time with Anne.

Xoxo

0 comments: