Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Crafty Wednesday{Homemade Signs}

A few weeks ago I showed you the hometown ornaments I made for the Holiday Market.  I made about 50 of these this holiday season!   



For the Holiday Market another big seller of mine was my Hometown Sign.  These were so easy to make! I’m going to show you how to make them today.



I got my wood at Lowe’s.  It is called craft wood and it’s with the other wood they have. Each piece is $3.47 and is 18 inches long and I stained them with a gray stain. I hate paying for wood but sometime it’s just easier than getting out the saw and cutting boards when it’s cold out.  When I use the gray stain I have to use two coats.  

I used my beloved silhoutte to cut out our town name in a script font.  I download allmy fonts from dafont.com.  I also used the Georgia font for the coordinates.  To find the coordinates I just googled our town’s name and they came up.



This was a quick and easy project and they were a big hit at the Holiday Market this year.  If you are looking for a last minute gift for Christmas these signs are perfect.

Happy crafting!

Xoxo

0 comments: