Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday Favorites

So many favorites this week!  I got to see my favorite singer in concert, I did some Christmas shopping,  I celebrated my friend Rachael’s birthday, I’m making 16 pans of cinnamon rolls today and tomorrow Graig and I leave on a 10 day trip to see Brock. It’s been a fun week :-)


I’m linking up to ErikaNarci and Andrea to share my Friday Favorites.

1.  Tuesday night I saw Jennifer Nettles in concert!   She is my favorite singer and she was fabulous on Tuesday night.  We went to celebrate my best friend Rachael’s birthday.  We had dinner, went to the concert and then spent the night in Albany and spent all day Wednesday shopping.  It was so fun!


She did a mix of Christmas music, some hits from her Sugarland Days, and some from her solo album.  Sabrina and I even made it up to the front for one of her songs.  We always try to make it to the front row when we go to concerts together.  It was a great night!!



2. Yesterday we celebrated Rachael’s birthday by having a pizza party at lunch.  Our friend Heather made this delicious chocolate cake.  It was SO good!

 

Rachael’s son L  was home and he helped her blow out the candles on her cake.  ❤️❤️



3. For fun I ordered a surprise box from Lily and Val.  It came this week and there was so many cute surprises tucked inside.  I’m going to do a post on my surprise box next week.  Here is a sneak peak of what was inside





4. This morning  my  Rachael and I are getting together to make cinnamon rolls for all of our friends to eat on Christmas morning.  We have been doing this for a few years and it’s always a fun tradition! We usually do it on Christmas Eve but are doing it early this year since G and I are going to Arizona.   You can read all about cinnamon roll day from last year here.





5.  I love, love, love getting Christmas cards and I sent ours out last week.  I used Shutterfly and I was so happy worth the way they turned out for us this year.  





6. I ordered this print from Etsy last week.  It’s a print of a painting of the Rockefeller Center Christmas  tree and I just love it.  I think I’ll keep it up all year long. ❤️🎄   Last year we had a one of a kind Christmas because the tree picked  was from our backyard!   You can read about our whole experience here and here.  To remember last year and all the special memories we made as a family I plan to:
 A) go down and see the tree every year. This  year I went with my sister in law Anne you can read about our trip to NYC here.
B) We will always host a tree lighting party.  You can read about our  tree lighting party from this year here.
 C) I’ll always buy an ornament or something with the tree on it.  Since it’s the first year after I’ve bought a few Rockefeller tree items. 😂😬.  I will have to do a post on everything I’ve bought this year.  

7.    The most exciting news from this week is that tomorrow Graig and I are going to see Brock in Arizona!!   I cannot wait to see him and see Phoenix where he lives.  He absolutely loves it out there and can’t wait to show us around.  We plan on exploring Phoenix and the surrounding area and going to visit Flagstaff and the Gramd Canyon.  I know it’s going to be a great trip ❤️❤️



I hope you can soak up every minute of this special season and have a wonderful weekend with your family and friends.

Xoxo


1 comments:

Life in Bucklesberry said...

Jennifer Nettles- sounds so much fun! I'm jealous! I'm also making lots of cinnamon rolls today-using the Pioneer Woman's recipe to give out to friends. This is only my 2nd time making these so praying it works out. Stopping by from the link up! Merry Christmas!