Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer Reads

On Saturday Brock, Ava and I are heading to Wyoming for the week to visit my Dad. Graig is staying home to work. My Dad is selling his ranch in Wyoming so this will be the last time that we will be going out there. The kids have never been and I rented a convertible for a week so it should be a lot of fun! These are the two books that I will be reading while I am there.


I saw this book on one fabulous mom's blog. She is reading the earlier version "A Southern Belle Primer or why Princess Margaret will never be a Kappa Kappa Gamma." Some of my sorority students told me about this book too, so I think it will be so fun to read.
I got this one too because I heard it was so funny! I can totally relate because I have a 6 year old girl and there are tons of clothes that I won't let her wear because I think they are skanky. Ava and I call them "hoochie mama" clothes and she knows I won't let her buy them.


If anyone wants to read either of these books let me know and I can send them to you when I am done. The next few days will be so busy, I have tons of stuff to do at work and at home before we go on our vacation! Brock and Ava are visiting Grandma Jan until Thursday.

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I looove the book! I have beenm reading it and just howling. I was born in NC and have very southern roots! I miss the south!

AG said...

Hey. I want to read that southern primer when you are done. I saw it on amazon and have it marked as to read.

Vacay is good. I've not done much except relax and read.

C said...

I'm glad you won't dress Ava like a hoochie. Gawd I wish you would take your own advice though. I've seen enough of your business to last me a lifetime. Wyoming does sound so awesome. Weird, someone else I know just mentioned Wyoming on my blog too. Have fun! Let's do something soon.