Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ava's new oven!

Graig and Brock went to a Yankee game today so Ava and I had a girls day! This morning we went to church and then we went out to eat at our favorite restaurant~ Brook's Chicken! After lunch we went to Wal-Mart to get some mums for fall and Ava found an Easy Bake oven! I had to get her one because I had one when I was growing up and I always had so much fun playing with it. Ava loves to help me in the kitchen so she will get a lot of use out of it.




This afternoon, Ava and I went to my friend Sabrina's house to visit with her and see her baby, Eliza. We also watched the Yankee game, we wanted to see Graig and Brock on TV. While we were there Ava made us yellow cake and sugar cookies with her new Easy Bake oven.
Sabrina bought the cutest Family Tree on sale at Pottery Barn Kids for Eliza's room. Since I thought it would go perfect in Ava's room I bought one too. Isn't it cute?

We are home now and I found a site online to make home made easy bake oven mixes (they are $4.76 each at Wal-Mart, isn't that crazy??) we are going to make Barbie's pretty pink cake.

Here is the recipe:

5 tablespoons Flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8 teaspoon Salt
5 teaspoons Red Sugar Crystals
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
4 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
8 teaspoons Milk
Stir together cake flour, baking powder, salt, red sugar,
vanilla, oil and milk until the batter is smooth and pink. Pour
3 Tbsp. of batter into greased and floured cake pan. Bake 15
mins. Repeat for second layer. Makes 2 layers.

2 comments:

C said...

easy bake ovens are so cute. i had one too - it was actually my mother's when she was a kid!

Anonymous said...

I always wanted an Easy Bake Oven when I was a kid and never got one, so I vowed if I ever had a girl, she would have one! Just a few more years and we'll be ready for it - and I can't wait. :) The family tree is very cute, too, by the way!