Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Farm Chicks, Paula and The Pioneer Woman

This summer I have been taking a lot of unintended blogging breaks. Every single day something happens and I think I should blog about that but we have been SO BUSY that it just doesn't happen.

Anyway, one of my many goals for this summer is to try new recipes. I feel like we are ALWAYS eating the same things every week and I want to try out new ingredients. So, I just bought two new cookbooks his summer and I am slowly reading through them. I just got The Farm Chicks in the Kitchen: Live Well, Laugh Often, Cook Much this one this week. I love the Farm Chicks!! They have a fabulous website with lots of tips, creative ideas and wonderful recipes. I wish they could come to my house to cook and redecorate. They live in Washington State and every year they have an amazing Farm Chicks show with tons of great vendors and tons of items for your home. I would love to go but since I live on the other side of the country it will probably will never happen unless I win the lottery-ha ha!!



I also bought the new Paula Deen cookbook. Like many bloggers I LOVE Paula Deen and her recipes, her show is on every day when I come home for lunch. She seems so down to earth and friendly and I love how she has her sons on her show all the time. In this new cookbook Paula has a ton of recipes but her family members also contributed recipes and stories, which makes it a great book to read!

Like many bloggers I LOVE the Pioneer Woman, she has wonderful, simple, easy to follow recipes with tons of step by step pictures which make following the recipes SO easy!! Last week I tried her corn casserole
It was delish!! We had it all eaten in less than a day. Here is a picture of my finished product. The Pioneer Woman just started a great recipe only website called Tasty Kitchen. There are so many great recipes on the site, I can't wait to start going through them and finding new ones for our family


Since Brock has Little League almost every night until the first week of August, this isn't the best time to be cooking new thing, so my plan is to gather up new recipes this month and I will start cooking them next month when we are at home more. To be honest most nights we either eat out or grab a sandwich or something else quick before his games.

I don't want to rush through July though because it really is SO MUCH fun going to all of his games and hanging out with all of the other families that go to the games.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Angie,
We're so glad you found our book! We hope you enjoy it!
All the best,
Serena