Wednesday, September 16, 2009

DIY Day!

I am joining Kimba's DIY Day party!! I cannot wait to go through all of the DIY projects tonight when I get home from work!! It is so fun to see what other people do, I get SO many ideas from going through all the projects. 



I got this cabinet for $30 and it has been sitting in our garage forever! I finally painted it last weekend. I used Caromal Coulors after Kimba about it a few weeks ago. It was SO easy to use, I have used this paint on so many projects around our house. To make it more distressed I let Brock use the hammer and bang on the top and scratch it up a little bit, he is not usually a fan of my craft projects but he LOVED banging the hammer and scratching the top of this cabinet!  I love the character that he added :)



I still need to get new knobs for it and I LOVE the way it turned out, it was a fun project to work on and I painted so many other things with this same paint.  I will show those projects in the upcoming weeks.
I just want to give a shout out to one of my best friends from high school, Janna!!  We found each other on facebook and she just started her own blog, she loves to decorate and turn trash into treasure!  I wish we lived closer to each other we would have SO MUCH fun doing crafts and decorating together :)

7 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I love the shape of that cabinet. It was certainly worth putting your time into it. Nice job!

Mandy said...

Super cute! Nice job :)

Janna said...

I love that cabinet you painted. It has such a cute shape and I love the paint you used. Thanks for the shout out.

Erin@ Give Mom a Minute said...

The cabinet looks awesome, and I love that you got the boy involved! Great job :)

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I, too, have been thinking about using Caromal Colors for a table. THANKS for showcasing yours! I love seeing what her paints are capable of. What you did is glorious!

Angie said...

That is a great cabinet and I love the color and finish!

Kimba said...

YOWZA! Your cabinet is beautiful! I love that color! I'm so glad that you liked Caromal Colors.