Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's FALL!!

It has turned SO cold here!  This afternoon Brock had a soccer game and it was 45 degrees during the game!  Ava and I were FREEZING!  Luckily I had some jackets and blankets in my trunk because we were SO cold during the game. When we got home I made us a big dinner because we were all so hungry and tired. I made baked ham, mashed potatos, corn, and mac and cheese (lots of comfort food-ha!)

After dinner I got some of our hats and gloves out of storage.  I can't believe I am already getting that stuff out again, I feel like I just put it away.  I also got our doggie coats for Daisy, Cotton and Ellie.  Here is a picture of Daisy in her coat from last year.  They all love going on walks in our neighborhood but it is SO cold in the fall and winter that they have to wear coats when we go.  I LOVE this picture of Daisy


Tonight after Brock and Ava did their homework Ava and I made Apple Crisp.  She loves cutting up the apples.  We love making (and eating!) this in the fall.



Here is my Apple Crisp recipe, it is SO easy to make and it's really good!

4 cups cored and sliced apples (about 6 medium)

3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour

1/2 cup quick oats
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
6 tbl. butter

Place apples in a pie plate. Blend remaining ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until apples are browned and tender.

Now I am catching up on the shows that I missed last night, Biggest Loser and The Good Wife (love both of these!) and  I am looking for North Face fleeces online, I want to order one before it gets too cold here!

Happy Wednesday!!

4 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

So cute! I cannot believe it is so cold already! Not fair- summer was only here for about a month this year.

Janna said...

Angie is that a home-ec recipe??? Now you're making me want some puppy chow!!

Anonymous said...

Angie,
I just used your recipe for apple crisp - delicious! You are my favorite person tonight! Have a good weekend! :)

Michelle said...

That recipe looks great! I'll have to try it. It is cold here too--I am going to get my sweaters out of the basement tonight so I'm ready for next week!