Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mother of the year

Just in case you thought you might win this award this year, you need to wait until next year, I'm the big winner this year-ha ha! 

Let's start with yesterday.  I left work early to get my haircut which I LOVE!  My hair stylist finally cut my hair exactly how I wanted it.    Anyway, I could have picked Ava up right after school but she wanted to go to the after school program because they were doing t-shirt tye dyeing.  I told her I would pick her up at 4:45 so she could be on time for her jazz dance class which starts at 5. 

So I go home take a shower and wash my hair. Since I got a new style I was playing around with it trying to get it to look right.  Why does it NEVER as good as it looks in the salon??    The next thing I know it's almost 5pm!  I yell and Brock and his friend Brandon to get in the car because we have to get Ava from school and get her to dance.  I get in the car and don't look to see if Brock has his door shut in the back seat.  He doesn't and his car door slammed into the center pole in our garage!  I am SO glad he wasn't hurt but  my back passenger door won't shut all the way now!  So I used Graig's truck to pick up Ava and she was 15 minutes late for her dance class.

While I was fixing my hair Graig came home from work EARLY, he never, ever comes home from work early.  He looked awful and had a temp.  He fell asleep on the couch and slept the whole night!!  We were suppose to go out to dinner with our friends and then go to the high school football game.  Since Graig was sick,  Brock, Ava, and I went we had a good time but we missed Graig :(  Brock kept telling people at the football game that his Dad had the swine flu, I had to tell him to STOP saying that because it wasn't true and  no one would want to sit around us or talk to us at the game!

This morning I went to a few yard sales and I got some cute things that I will show on my blog later!  I took Ava to cheerleading class and ballet and a playdate with her friend Jake.  Ava and Jake have been friends since they were born,  they were in daycare and pre-school together.  I work with Jake's mom and they were born 3 weeks apart.  They go to different elementary schools so they don't see each other that often.  Ava was so excited to get to spend some time with Jake this afternoon, until she got home.  She looked at a birthday invitiation that she got from her friend Mary.  I thought all along the party was tomorrow afternoon but was THIS afternoon, Ava missed the party!  She was so upset, she started crying and crying.  She REALLY wanted to be at Mary's party.  I called Mary's mom and aplogized and we plan to get the girls together to next week. 

Brock had a double header this afternoon in baseball, during the first game I started getting so sick.  I knew that I had to get home fast so I left before his second game started.  I took a long nap this afternoon and got caught up on my DVR'd shows.  I still feel awful and I think I will stay home all day tomorrow to try to get better. 

Brock and Ava start Sunday school tomorrow and thankfully my friend Chris has volunteered to take Ava to Sunday school so Graig and I can rest up and get better!

I hope everyone is having a better weekend we are having!

2 comments:

Janna said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! I can't wait to see what you got at the yard sales!

Jill said...

Wow~ you have so much going on. I think you should win the award for Mother of the Year. Sounds like you deserve it!