Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dining Room!

Today Kelly from Kelly's korner is doing a dining room tour! I just painted our dining room and I LOVE the way it turned out. It's not the biggest room in our house but we do spend a lot of time in there especially since we don't have an eat in kitchen.

 
Here's our dining room table with our fall centerpiece and the table set. 


Our huge chalkboard that I put our weekly menu on.  I also just painted two walls in our dining room a robin's egg blue color.  I LOVE the way it turned out.

This is the wall and door way that goes in to our kitchen.  I made this memo board/picture holder at a craft night with my friend using a old shutter!  Our shoes go in the crock because we have little dogs that like to hide our shoes :)

These plates are on the same wall the doorway leads to our kitchen. 
 This is a cabinet that I got at a yard sale for $30!  It is solid wood so my friend Sabrina and I sanded it down and repainted it.  It is my favorite thing in our dining room!

 Here's a close up of our BIG chalkboard.


 Our house was built in 1920 and it has some quirky things about it including that all of our heaters have these heater covers. This is the one in our dining room. 

I hope you enjoyed our dining room tour!  I can't wait to see all of the other dining rooms today.  Happy Friday!!

15 comments:

Summer said...

Your dining room is really pretty! I love the light blue color of the walls! That is such a cool idea to have the shutter for mail and stuff! Love it....

What great fall decor you have....

xoxo
Summer

feedingmypickyeaters said...

Love the fall decor. Everything is really nice.
Anita
www.feedingmypickyeaters.blogspot.com

twinkietotmom said...

I love the chalkboard and the shutter memo board...I just saw that idea on another blog as well and am totally going to steal it :)

The Pressley Family said...

Very cute! Love your chalkboard menu!!

Angie said...

I love your fall center piece, and the chalkboard is great! I love the frame around it...so much better than a regular chalkboard...fun idea!

Heather said...

So pretty! I love the chalkboard!

Holly Girl said...

I really like the color of your dining room and your fall decor. But, my favorite thing is the chalkboard with the menu. Such a clever idea.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your room...great colors that you used

Love the color...Color is so hard to get the right shade.... my holiday blog has new holiday pictures when you have some time...plus a comment is all it takes for the giveaway.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/09/she-has-great-stuff.html

Kimberly said...

I love the chalkboard idea!

~SHO~ said...

Loving the chalkboard!

Blessings~
QueenofSassySavings.blogspot.com

Joyce said...

I love the shutter. My daughter has a shutte in her bedroom and she has it filled with postcards...its super cute!

I also have a blue dining room but it is navy. I love an old house with all its quirks : )

laurensmommy said...

LOVE the blue on the walls! Do you remember the name of the paint color? And what a great find on the cabinet!!! I heart yard sales!!

ARK said...

LOVE the chalkboard and shutter memo board....reusing things is so very fantastic...

Marla Grace said...

Very pretty.I am now a follower!Blessings,Marla

Unknown said...

Chalkboards are a fun addition to any home. I love the fall decor.