Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Under $10, under 1 hour!

Today I am linking up to Melissa's blog party "Under $10 and under an hour"  These are my kind of projects!  I love being crafty but I don't have a lot of time and I don't want to spend a lot of money making things. 

Monograms are an easy and cheap way to make things that you already have around your home look great.  I discovered vinyl monograms a couple of years ago and I LOVE them!!  I get mine from Decal Monograms on Etsy but you can find them all over.  I like Decal Monograms because she always does a great job and she has really fast shipping! 

Here are some quick projects that I have done using monograms from here.  All of these monograms were $6 or under!

I got this container in the Wal-Mart craft section for $3 then I added my monogram.  I use this vase all the time for different things.  I put lemons in it for summer. 



Right now it has a pumpkin candle and leaves for the fall

I did the same thing with this little plate that I got in the housewares section of Wal-Mart for $2.  This little plate hangs in our kitchen.


Same idea but I used our monogram on an outside bucket that I got at a yard sale for $2.

I can't wait to see all of the other great projects!  I love getting new ideas for quick and easy projects. 

7 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

cute monograms - I can't stop looking at how pretty your hydrangeas are, though!

blessedbeyondmeasure said...

I'm a sucker for monograms & this is a cute way to use them!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

These are so lovely.

I love mongrammed pretty much antyhing at the moment so this is right up my street!!

Melissa said...

I love the personalized look this gives! Thanks for the link on Etsy too...I'm always looking for good sources like that. Thanks for joining today!

Ange said...

Fun! I love vinyl and what you've done with it. Your hydrangeas are beautiful!!

Debra said...

I love vinyl and your projects turned out great!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Very nice! What a quick and easy way to turn something ordinary into something fabulous. I will definitely look for some vinyl monograms. Thanks so much for sharing.