Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

Everyone remembers where they were when they first heard about 9/11, I had just got to work after dropping Brock off at day care. I was 3 months pregnant with Ava. Barb, my friend at work said a plane had hit the World Trade Center, we turned on the TV in the little conference room next to our office and watched the Today show all morning. At first we didn't know what was happening, then we saw the second plane hit the World Trade Center and we knew something terrible was happening to our country. Classes were cancelled that day so I got to go home early, I just sat in front of the TV and cried, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I called all my friends and my family because I wanted to talk to them about what was happening. That night I attended a candlelight vigil on campus, every year since then I have attended a 9/11 memorial event because I don't want to forget what happened on that terrible day.

I am proud to be an American and I pray for the victims of 9/11 and their families.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I was actually in a one-on-one meeting with Graig in my office and my phone kept ringing. Of course I ignored the phone (as to show respect to my supervisor!). After Graig left I checked my voicemail and had about 8 messages from Allison telling me to turn on the Today Show.

C said...

I was in you know who's meeting in Alumni Hall, and Roger came in and broke it up. We watched TV in the EOP office for like 2 hours, then we all went home.