Saturday, September 27, 2008

Soggy Saturday

Today was so dreary and rainy! Brock and Ava's soccer games were cancelled and this afternoon Brock's baseball game was cancelled. I thought it was a perfect day to stay home and clean our house. I love our house when it's clean! While I was cleaning inside Brock and Ava were picking up pine cones outside. They do not enjoy this chore at all since they have to do it almost every day during the fall. This afternoon Ava had a tryout for the winter recital at her dance studio. Her is a picture of her right before we left for her tryout. After her tryout we went to the Dollar General and I found these adorable ornaments to put on Christmas packages. Aren't they cute? They were only .50 cents each!When we got home Ava packed up her things to spend the night with Grandma Jan. Ava is going to help her Grandma tomorrow at the Pumpkin Festival, she is so excited! When Ava left I did a little more fall decorating, this is what we have on our front door.
I also made a sample of some Christmas coasters that I want to make people as gifts this year. I got this idea at an Uppercase Living Party that I went to last month. I am not crazy about this font but I love the idea. I got the tiles for less than .50 cents each at Lowe's. The monograms were $1 each. I think this will be a nice (and inexpensive!) gift for people this Christmas Tonight Brock is having two of his friends over for a sleepover. I made them take this picture before I would give them the camera, they want to make another you tube video. Don't they look cute?

6 comments:

Kelli Radford said...

Cute Tiles! Great Idea!

The Mrs. said...

Looove the coasters! And the ornaments for the packages are adorable!

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

i love the monogram tiles! whered you find your E monograms?

CarolinaGirl said...

You just gave me a great idea for Christmas gifts! I have 2 huge boxes of those tiles in my garage left over from the master bath! Thank you so much :)

junglemama said...

Neat gift idea. SO did Ava make it?

Ann said...

I live the coaster idea! So simple but I would have never thought of it.