Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lazy Sunday!

Today was the laziest day ever at the Eichler house! Graig and Brock watched football all day in between taking naps. I got caught up on all the shows that I DVR'd last week, made fudge for Monogrammed Chick's cookie exchange and wrapped presents. I hope fudge is ok for my exchange girls...it's so good, it's my Dad's recipe and he makes it every time he comes to visit. There is a lot of stirring involved in making fudge but it is delicious!

Here is the recipe if you want to try it.
1 1/2 sticks butter
2/ 3 cup evaporated milk
1 pkg (12oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 7 oz. jar marshmallow creme
1 cup nuts (optional) I didn' t use these because I didn't know if my swap partners would like these
1 teaspoon vanilla
butter a 9x13 pan set aside. Mix butter, sugar and evaporated milk in pan bringing to rolling boil on medium heat, continue boiling for 5 minutes (stir constantly or the mixture will burn and stick to the bottom of the pan) remove from heat and chips and stir until fully melted (I used my mixer because it was so thick and hard to stir) add marshmallow creme and vanilla and stir until smooth and creamy and pour immediately into your buttered pan. When cool cut into squares.
I put the fudge in these cute containers for my swap partners, I am going to mail them out tomorrow!
This afternoon Ava went to our neighbors house, they live 5 houses away, I drove because it was soooooo cold (don't judge...it was seriously like 10 degrees!)

While she was there they made this cute gingerbread house
This is what Graig did most of the afternoon (he would kill me if he knew this picture was on the blog! ha ha)
Here's a picture of Brock, he has been so busy with school and sports I haven't had the chance to take many pictures of him. (This one is for you Shelby!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun--you all deserve a lazy Sunday. Love those containers with the initials. I love dad's fudge!! So good to see the Eichler boys on your blog. Doesn't Graig read you blog? Bet he wouldn't be too excited about his picture--it is just precious!!

Katie said...

Love those containers! Where did you get th1m?

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I am so jealous of your cookie swap girls! Wish those sweets were coming to my doorstep!
Carrie

AG said...

Sounds like a fun lazy day!

Cute packaging for the fudge...very sweet.

The Mrs. said...

I have to make that fudge! Looooove the containers!

...sensible of shoe said...

Your fudge is awesome, I had it Kelly's party!