Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cookie Party Preview

Tomorrow night Ava is having a Christmas Cookie Decorating party with 5 friends from school, I am inviting a couple of my friends over too so it should be a fun night! Tonight I worked hard to get everything ready for the party so when I get home from work tomorrow I can relax and enjoy the party.

Each girl is going to take a box home filled with cookies! I got these boxes at Michael's. I think they will be perfect for the cookies!I got these place cards for 50 cents each at Michael's and I wanted to use them for the party, Graig thinks it's so silly that I want to put these out next to the food because the girls can see I put out for them to eat.
These are the cookies that I made for us to decorate. I love cut out cookies but when I try to make them they never, ever turn out good. So, I decided to buy the refrigerated cookie dough and cut it with a knife. I made three different colors of icing, blue, red, and green and I have tons and tons of sprinkles, crushed candy canes, little chocolates, and mini marshmallows to go on top. I also have my friend Allison's cookie icing set if they want to write their names on cookies.
This is the craft that the girls are going to make to take home. I got the idea from Kelly's blog. I think they are so cute and so easy to make.

Last night I was being crafty and I made this candy jar for my sister Shelby. The jar is a marshmallow fluff jar! I think it turned out pretty good!

This weekend I am going to do a giveaway for my 100th post so check back on Saturday for the giveaway!

15 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Everything is adorable!! I love using place cards for food. Boys just don't understand these things really! Can't wait to see cookie pics.

AG said...

ha ha. I forgot about my icing set!

I have my office christmas party to go to after work but I might be over after. I have a mission at the party so I must attend.

Always Organizing said...

So cute! Love everything :) Have a wonderful time at your party.

ps. I agree with PPC, boys just don't understand how fabulous placecards are!

EC said...

I love the candy jar! Is the initial a sticker? I like the style of it!

EC said...

Very cute - I'll have to make a trip to Michael's this weekend!

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

I will have to check out Michaels too. Have a fun party.

Anonymous said...

How fun Ang, the girls will have great fun making cookies--and great memories. Your prep is far from the quick ketchup dip mom made for 8th grade graduation. Gotta love mom :)! Have fun tonight!

C said...

Very cute, I hope the girls have tons of fun. I like the clear glass ball. I'm so not festive. Some days I'm ok with that and some days I feel a little jel and underaccomplished. :>

Emily said...

The cookie idea is so neat. I bet it was a blast.

The place cards are too cute! Hubby's don't get it, do they?

Emily said...

Your welcome! I love being able to buy it on ebay... I am not one to go and join groups... I like to do it on my own.

Shannon said...

How fun!! Everything you got is so cute. They will love it!

You must check out Pioneer Womans receipe for sugar cookie cutouts. I had never been able to make sugar cookies before but I tried these and it was SOOOO easy and they work everytime!

CarolinaGirl said...

You are such a good mommy! The girls will have a ball. Great job on the ornaments and jars!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Sounds like such a fun party!! I bet the girls will have a blast!
Carrie

Paige said...

I love your idea for the party, very cute and creative! Everything is adorable, esp. the little card holders, they're so darn cute! I wish we had a michael's around here! I hope you guys had a blast.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Cute ornament and jar! Love them! Lori