Monday, February 23, 2009

Catch up

Late Saturday night I got back from a fraternity/sorority conference with 700 college students.I was exhausted!! I took 6 students from the College where I work and we had a good time, there were a lot of great sessions and I hope the students learned a lot. The conference was a little sad for me this year. My friend Allison and I usually go together and have a great time but this year she wasn't able to go. I missed her so much!! Here are some cute things I got at the Greek boutique, I love seeing all the cute sorority stuff they have at the boutique. I got all of this stuff for Ava, I really want her to be in my sorority, Alpha Sigma Alpha,when she goes to college!!

Yesterday, Graig and I watched Nights in Rodanthe. It is such a great movie, I cried and cried. It was the best movie that I have seen in a long time! If you haven't seen it, you should watch it, you will love it, Graig liked it too and he doesn't usually like romantic movies. It's based on a book by Nicholas Sparks.

This summer I want to redo Brock's room so it looks a little more grown up. In June he will graduate from 6th grade and I think this will be a great present for him. I got him a Pottery Barn teen catalog to get ideas and he picked this out, he has good taste, this is $3000!! He loves the loft style bed, but I don't know if it will fit in his room, because we live in an old house our ceilings upstairs are low. Anyway, I think it will be a fun project to work on with him. I can't wait to see what he picks out. I want to reuse a lot of the stuff that he already has in his room, if he really wants a loft style bed I'm sure we kind find a cheaper one, Pottery Barn is so nice but it's so expensive!!

I hope everyone had a great Monday!

2 comments:

AG said...

Oh, i wish I had been there too. We could have set up our Greek boutique...

Michelle said...

That is a great movie! Love that bed and desk/book case combo--very college like. Talk to you soon!