Monday, February 16, 2009

Wish I were a painter

A couple of weeks ago this talented blogger made this adorable sign for Kelly's little girl Harper. Isn't this the cutest sign that you have ever seen?? I love it and I want her to make me one for Ava. I had one leftover canvas from when we made this craft last fall. I love how these turned out, they still aren't hung up in Ava's room yet! Anyway, I wanted to see if I could paint up my leftover canvas like the one she made for Harper. Well I painted and repainted it about 10 times, it just wouldn't come out right. After about 10 times I got sick of painting it and I stuck the letters on, then I modge podged it. Everything looks better with Modge Podge!
Today, Brock was at the Boys and Girls club for almost 8 hours playing basketball!! He loved every minute of it! When he came home he ate 2 grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup and then went straight up to bed, he was exhausted!!
Ava spent today with Grandma Jan. They had a fun day and Grandma Jan bought Ava a new Cabbage Patch doll with a carrier. Ava loves her new doll!
I am home from work for the next two days with Brock and Ava! Tomorrow we are going to relax and I am going to get my hair cut and Wednesday we are going to a Children's Museum. I am looking forward to the next two days!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Precious canvas!! You did a great job!

Michelle said...

I absolutely love the sign you made--too cute!

Shannon said...

Oh! It turned out so cute!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness... LOVE the sign for Ava's room. Where did you get the letters you modge podged on the sign?