Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday!!

Today is fat Tuesday to celebrate Ava and I are going to play Wii fit to try to get in shape-ha! I haven't decided what I am going to give up for lent this year, I better decide quick since it starts tomorrow. I did make a delicious bean salad for us to eat tomorrow because we aren't suppose to eat meat.









Here is the recipe, it's super easy and it is sooo good, you will love it!!


1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz. can chick peas, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz. can corn, rinsed and drained
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
juice from 1 lemon
2 tablespoons sugar
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 tablespoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and chill overnight.

I also finished decorating our house (ok, our dining room) for St. Patrick's Day. I don't really have a lot of St. Patrick's Day stuff, but I do have a few things and I love getting them out every year. I also like to buy or make something new every year. This year I made the green E ornament I love the color green so this is one of my favorite holidays to decorate for!

2 comments:

AG said...

That clover in sign is super cute! I have the same one.... ha ha.

Michelle said...

That salad looks great!