Monday, November 23, 2009

Copy Cat


I LOVE getting home decorating ideas from other blogs!  I was not blessed with a lot of creativity so blogs are a great way for me to get tons of decorating tips!  Last week Melissa from 320 Syacamore did a great post on how to make these adorable hurricane candle holders like the ones from Williams Sonoma using Dollar Tree supplies!! The post she wrote is here.   Since I live in a small town we don't have a lot of stores but we do have the Dollar Tree!  So as soon as I read this post I ran over there to see if they had the supplies to make these and they did!  I was SO happy!!

Here are the Williams Sonoma ones, they are really beautiful but they are $80!!  I can't imagine spending that much on candle holders! 

Photo from Williams Sonoma

Here are the ones that I made using the exact supplies that Melissa outlined in her post.  They were $3 each!  Here they are on our dining room table.  I LOVE the way they turned out and they took less than 5 minutes to make!  I love crafts like that :)





I am going to make a few more sets of these for Christmas gifts!  Thanks Melissa for the great idea!!

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

They look just wonderful. I have got to get to the Dollar Tree. I really do love them. They can be so versatile and the are lovely. Hugs, Marty

Janna said...

These are so cute. I think I'll try to make some.