Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A light and the end of the tunnel!!

Work has been SO busy lately, today I had one of my last big events of the semester and I am SO happy!!   Today was our Faculty Reception where each of our Greek organizations get to choose 2 faculty members to honor.  I have been doing this event for 10 years and this year's event was the best!  The students did a great job honoring their faculty members and the faculty members were so thankful and happy to be recognized. 
Here is a picture of all of the faculty that were honored today with the Greek Council scholarship chair that coordinated the event.




I got a special surprise when my 4 interns from this semester gave me an award!  That was so sweet of them!  I have had a great time with them this semester and they have all done SO much work in my office.  I am so grateful to have had them this semester!
Here is a picture of us at the reception




They also gave me these beautiful flowers today!  I think they are so pretty :)


Tonight I went with some friends to a wine tasting event that was held at a resturant in town.  We sampled 5 different wines and had 5 different dishes to go along with them.  I had never been to an event like this but it was really fun, I learned a lot about different types of wine.  This was a really fun event!
Here is a picture of my friends and I  at the Wine Tasting





3 comments:

Janna said...

Congrats on your award!

Michelle said...

Congrats Ang--you work so hard (coordinating that front desk--ha, ha), that is such a great honor!!

That is such a fun event for your students to recognize faculty! Congrats again for your advisor award!!!

Jill said...

Oh Wow~ you have been busy!!! Congrats on the award from your interns, that's awesome!

The wine tasting event sounds SO fun. It was probably a much need break for you.