Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thankfulness

Well I have been sick since Friday.  I still feel awful!  The doctor said I have an acute viral infection which means antibiotics don't work and I just have to rest and  drink lots of water to recover.  I am SO over sleeping and watching TV so today I looked a a few new blogs.  I feel like I never have enough time to visit all the great blogs out there and it was nice to spend some time looking through them.  I found one post that I LOVED and I that I am going to try to do this month. Katie said that her pastor's wife posted on her facebook page to write about one thing you are thankful for every day for the rest of the month.
 Isn't this a GREAT idea??  I don't think I'll post it on facebook but I do want to post it on my blog.  I have SO much to be thankful for and SO much of the time I focus on what I don't have or  what I hope to have someday that I forget all of the things I have now to be thankful for.  I have many, many blessings in my life. 
This past summer, one of my former students posted this as her status on facebook.  I liked the quote so much that I printed it out and put it in our kitchen so I can always see it.  I love Oprah and I think this is such a great quote, it's so true!
It says
"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more.  If you concentrate on what you don't have you will never, ever have enough."-Oprah



  I put it in my kitchen for two reasons 1) We are ALWAYS in there and 2) my kitchen is my LEAST favorite room in my whole house so this reminds me to concentrate on all the things in my life I am thankful for, like the fact that we own a home and I have a kitchen to hate-ha ha!
So I am going to do this challenge until Thanksgiving!  I am going to try to put this on the side of my blog so I can look back at all the things I am thankful for.

The biggest blessings and the two people that I am MOST  thankful for are Brock and Ava.  Being their Mom and watching them grow up has been the BIGGEST blessing of my life.  I am so thankful they are happy and healthy.  They are amazing and I am so happy that Graig and I are their parents!!  The time goes by SO fast I can't believe they are already 12 and 7,  I keep reminding myself to SLOW down and take everything in because in  just few years Brock will be going off to College! 

Have a great (and thankful!) Tuesday!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love the quote from Oprah. It's so true! Posting what you are thankful for everyday in November is a great idea!

Kate said...

So sorry you are sick! I hope you feel better soooon! I am going to include a link to your blog on my thankfulness posts!

Shannon said...

That quote is so true. A great idea to put it in your least favorite room too. :)