Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Tour!

Today I am doing the Christmas Tour with the Nester  today!!  I did this last year too and it was so much fun to see how everyone decorates for Christmas!  I LOVE decorating our house, I put up our decorations the weekend before Thanksgiving because I love having them out.  I think they make our house look so warm and welcoming, I like to have them out as long as I can!


We will start with our Christmas trees, we have 5 in our house!  They are ALL artificial, I hate the mess of real trees.  I do spray the balsam tree spray from B&BW everyday because I love the Christmas tree smell!

Welcome to our Christmas home tour!


Let's start in our living room we have our biggest tree in there.  I get SO many compliments on this tree so many people think it's real.  I got it last year at Wally World. I have white lights on this tree, I don't do theme trees I just like using lots of different ornaments that we have collected over the years.  My favorite ornaments are the ones that Brock and Ava have made at school and church!




Also in our living room is our fireplace and mantle, Ava wanted to use colored lights on our mantle this year so I got some colored lights this year!  We also put our Christmas cards on our fireplace, it's fun to see the different ones that we get each year!






I got these glass jars this year from Ballard Designs this year, I love changing the stuff inside of them for the different seasons.  I got all of these ornaments (and more!) at a garage sale last summer. I love the shape and color of them!


Poinsetta in our living room that I bought right after Thankgiving at Wally World, I got the sign at Gordman's when we were in Illinois for Thanksgiving.  I wish we had a Gordman's here!  I LOVE that store :)


The Christmas village that my Dad collected and then gave to  us, Ava loves helping me put this out every year.



Christmas candle on our entertainment center


Another Christmas candle on our mantle (can you tell I like candles-ha ha!)


Brock and Ava LOVE colored lights so in our office we have a smaller tree with colored lights.  They love it!



In our Dining Room we have a small tree and some other cute Christmas decorations



My friend bought me this snowman at a Craft show, I LOVE it!


Snowflakes hanging from our dining room light

Our dining room cabinet, I like changing this out for the different seasons too!




I don't have a tree in our Sunroom but I do have a few festive snowmen!  I like getting a new snowman every year.  I haven't gotten one this year but I'm sure I will at some point!




Brock and Ava have little trees in their rooms too!  Ava likes helping me decorate her tree every year.  Brock likes the tree in his room but he doesn't like decorating it (umm, he is JUST like his Dad!!)
Ava's tree is pink with green, bright pink, and ice blue ornaments and ribbon



Brock's tree is navy blue with red and silver ornaments and bows. 


I hope you liked our Christmas tour!  I love looking at how other people decorate their houses for Christmas and I can't wait to go through all the houses to see how everyone decorated this year!
Have a good week!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Your Christmas Decor is beautiful! I love all your Christmas trees, especially the one in your family room. Yay for artificial trees... SO pretty.

Anonymous said...

Blue and Pink trees! So unique! So beautiful! It all looks so festive! I am stopping by from Nester's tour. If you want to see my tour, click on the 'Christmas 2009' tag on the left sidebar of my blog to see my Christmas decorating posts! Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

Your trees looks great! Looks like you've already gotten a lot of Christmas cards this year :) Have a merry Christmas!