Thursday, December 10, 2009

A quick project!

Last Saturday night I went over to my friend Sabrina's house to hang out because our husbands were in a poker tournament.   I decided to take over a quick project that I have been wanting to work on.  I saw this idea on another blog and I thought it turned out SO cute!!!   I wanted to try one. 

You take a frame ( I used an 8x10 frame) and wrap pine garland around it.  I used almost 2 18 ft. garlands from the Dollar Tree for this wreath!  Then I  got our monogram from Wal-Mart and I got  a wooden monogram.  I still have to paint the E (it came white)  I want to paint it red.  Anyway, I am so happy with the way it turned out!
I have it in our dining room. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I feel like I have SO much cute Christmas and winter decorations that I can't display them all.  Graig says I need to stop shopping-ha ha!  I don't really even buy a lot of new stuff I just get a few new things each year.  It adds up!









I still haven't taken our family Christmas card picture because on Tuesday Ava had pink eye!  The poor thing, it is just now clearing up.  Brock and Ava were super excited yesterday because they had the first SNOW DAY of the school year!!  I stayed home from work and they spent most of the day playing with our kids from our neighborhood. 

Tonight Brock has his Chorus concert and then we are going to come homw and watch the Office Christmas show.  I can't wait!!

4 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

So lovely! Great idea! Change the bow and it could be used for any season.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a clever idea. I love the way the wreath turned out. Now that is such a clever idea and so economical since you could get most everything from the Dollar Tree. Love it. I hope you are having a Blessed Christmas Season. Hugs, Marty

Janna said...

Your wreath is so cute. I love the square wreaths.

Jill said...

What a great idea! The wreath frame turned out great! You could sell those.