Thursday, December 10, 2009

Show us your life-Christmas recipes!!


Today Kelly's Show Us Your Life is Christmas goodies/cookies!  I LOVE baking at Christmas time.  But I don't have a lot of time so I like to make good, quick treats!  I am going to show two today, they are both super easy and very tasty!!  Try them you will love them and they don't take any time at all to make!

These are Brock's favorite cookies of all time.  He has started to help me make them, I really like that he likes baking with me :)  I am going to a cookie exchange party next weekend and I am going to make these cookies they are ALWAYS a hit!

No Bake Cookies

 

2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup  peanut butter
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
1.In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened
 
My next recipe is Puppy Chow.  I made this in high school Home Ec class and I have made it every Christmas since then!  I LOVE it!! I could eat a whole batch-ha ha!  Earlier this week I made it for some of the college students I work with, they really liked it too!
Puppy Chow



1/2 cup butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 (17.5 ounce) package Corn Chex
1 pound confectioners' sugar

Directions

1.Melt the peanut butter with the butter or margarine and the milk chocolate in the microwave.   Pour over the cereal and toss until well coated.
2.Place the coated cereal in a large tupperware container then add the confectioners' sugar,  shake to coat.


I hope you enjoy these recipes!!  I can't wait to check out the other holiday recipes at Kelly's blog this weekend.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh YUM! These recipes look SO good. I love Puppy Chow. In Texas we call that recipe "White Trash." Ha!

Our Girls said...

Recipes look delicious!